Grief Resource List
Whether from COVID-19 or other reason, grief is too common a subject right now. I thought the story from the Median County District Library is worth sharing. Grieving and reminiscence go hand in hand whether grieving the loss of a loved one, a pet, or a past time. Talking about and sharing stories with others can bring comfort. If you have a grief resource you would like to share please email Sally at: email@example.com
Grief Kits contain books, activities, and resources to support children as young as toddlers and their caregivers in their grieving journey. Find Grief Kits in the Parenting section of your nearest MCDL branch.
Grief Kits are brought to you in collaboration with Waite & Son Funeral Homes, in memory of Noah Elliot Taylor. To read more about Noah's life and how the Grief Kits began, click here: https://medina-gazette.com/news/205105/library-funeral-home-partner-on-childrens-grief-materials/
Additional Resources for Grieving Families:
- Grief books for children and adults
- Waite & Son Funeral Homes: https://www.waitefuneralhome.com/
- The Dougy Center: https://www.dougy.org/
- Sesame Street, Helping Kids Grieve: https://sesamestreetincommunities.org/topics/grief/
- National Alliance for Grieving Children: https://childrengrieve.org/
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network: https://www.nctsn.org/
- The Compassionate Friends (Supporting families after a child dies): https://www.compassionatefriends.org/
- Grief Share: https://www.griefshare.org/
- What's Your Grief?: https://whatsyourgrief.com/
- Coping with the Loss of a Loved One to Mesothelioma Mesothelioma Grief Guide: Coping with the Loss of a Loved One (asbestos.com)
- Benefits of Grief Counseling After Mesothelioma Loss Benefits of Grief Counseling After Mesothelioma Loss (asbestos.com)
I hope these links give you ideas and help you on your journey to either start or build grief kits or offerings. I am especially interested in grief resources for seniors. Please share!
If you would like this information emailed to you in a .pdf format, either add it to your cart when purchasing or email me directly to request it.
President & Founder, MEternally